Thursday, April 18, 2013

Nashville: The 'Love' Wall

As a photographer, I find Nashville is pretty fruitful for locations. It is filled with all kinds of artists so you never know what you will find and you never know what you will miss!


This wall was visible from the I40 going into Nashville. I drove by it many days before I decided to embark on my photography endeavors here in Nashville. I always thought 'That would be a GREAT photo shoot!' About two years later, I started my photography company and got involved with wedding photography and of course, engagement portraits. The first couple that agreed to use the 'LOVE' wall was a young, in love and fun couple. They were completely excited to utilize the location. We took a bunch of playful shots and the one above got the most attention.  I received comments such as 'Created emotional response', 'This makes me love 'LOVE'. It was even showcased at local art shows throughout Nashville. There were many that still communicated how silly they were and how in love they were. 



I am quite proud of this series. It was extremely fun to work with these two and I never got an opportunity to go back with another couple. As a photographer, I am always scouting locations. I was driving down the Nashville interstate and noticed that the wall is now painted over! A new picture will be painted there and I am excited to see what it is. Slightly sad, as I loved the 'LOVE' wall. It always made me smile when I passed it. Also happy as a photographer as now I have a piece of Nashville that is highly aesthetic and very much enjoyed. The couple let me know that they hung a huge print of it in their new home. That is joy to any photographers ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment